Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Welcome to Beale's Bites

I'm a reporter in the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton market. For reasons that I hope are obvious, I will not reveal my identity or that of my employer.

While I'm not a "disgruntled journalist," I am upset with the direction that the news business is heading. Being honest about this field isn't easy, as company executives don't normally like the truth, but hopefully this site will allow me to do that.

Here's the plan: every week, I will post my thoughts, opinions, and views about the state of the news, both television and radio. I may even cover newspapers if there's something that interests me. If you have something to say, or have information to share, please e-mail me at bealesbites@gmail.com. Your anonymity will be assured if you wish. Or I can respond to your comments on this site.

Finally, if you're wondering about the name behind this site, find a copy of Network, and watch it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gort said...

The Ecumenical Liberation Army salutes your efforts to inform the oppressed masses of NEPA. Now let’s get back to subsidiary rights.

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR FUTURE COMMENTARY; HIS HOLINESS AGREES WITH YOU AS TO THE LAMENESS OF LOCAL NEWS BROADCASTS. WHATEVER HAPPENED TO EDITORIALS OR TRUE INVESTIGATIVE STORIES? LOCAL REPORTERS COULD HAVE A FIELD DAY WITH WHAT GOES ON IN LUZERNE COUNTY GOVT. BUT THEIR SUPERIORS APPARANTLY LACK THE GUTS/CONVICTION TO PERSUE THIS GEM OF A STORY.

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please, Please... make this worthy of our time, and not another Rube Rude rant and rave.

That said, good luck to you.

12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home