Saturday, October 29, 2005

Where are they now?

Because weekends are typically slow, here's a weekly feature I'll do. Every Saturday, I'll highlight a former WNEP/WBRE/WYOU personality, and see what they're up to now. This idea was taken from the Arkansas TV News Watch site.

Today, we feature Jane Adonizio, former reporter and anchor for WYOU.

Adonizio started her career as a reporter for the Times Leader. She spent most of her television career with WNEP, as an anchor and reporter, and a host for the short-lived P.M. Magazine. After a stint as the public relations director for the Boscov's department store chain, Adonizio returned to TV as the noon and 6 p.m. anchor for WYOU. She left the station in 2004. Apparently, some station managers weren't sorry to see her go.

Where is she now? Adonizio owns her own television production and consulting company, See Jane Productions, in Kingston.

UPDATE: I can't confirm if that's Jane posting in the comments, but in the interest of fairness, here's what WYOU employees had to say about her.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So who is writting her stuff there?

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for asking. A friend of mine at WYOU alerted me to this. In fairness, you might want to include a link to the Wendy/Rude Rube article of 4-29-04, in which several of my co-workers defended the derelict comments of one of the 'station managers.'
And, by the way, to the first posting, you must have me mixed up with another WYOU reporter. I have always been capable of writing 'my own stuff.' For the record, when one is the owner/operator of a business, the responsibilities always fall on the shoulders of just one person. So, in the future, check your facts...and your spelling.
Jane

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We all know what reporter has her stories written for her. The reporter I speak of is still there, so it can't be Jane.

I worked with Jane when I was at WBRE/WYOU. Jane was wonderful to work with. She was very professional and always did a fine job. I'm glad to see she's enjoying her new business opportunity.

12:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

His Holiness always thought that Jane was professional in her delivery and possessed great poise. A very beautiful woman; Jane, please come back to TV news--all is forgiven!

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know Jane, and she's a friend. She doesn't deserve this nastiness. Howard, it may be okay to use a fake name, but to use another faker (Wendy Maopolski/Rude Rube) as a source is an awful thing to do. A blog can be cool. Use it responsibly.

3:49 AM  
Blogger Howard Beale said...

You know, I never intended to be nasty towards Jane. She's a fine person, and I obliged her request (though I can't confirm if that is her posting here) to add the extra link giving the other side of the story.

Let's all take one step back and take a deep breath.

5:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jane was a victim of some very devisive and poor management. It's sad that a good--no, a great-- writer/reporter/anchor was forced to leave the air because of the people who pulled her strings...so badly.

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home