Tuesday, November 01, 2005

People actually read this?

Andy Palumbo is one of four people who have a WNEP-sanctioned blog. From time to time, I'll read them, and see what's happening. Looks like Andy has a new bookmark in his Web browser!

Everyone has a blog these days. A blog about the local media scene has popped up. The author/blogger uses the name "Howard Beale." He says he's a local reporter. Memo to my bosses: IT'S NOT ME! I've read the first few entries. Not bad. The stuff is factual and catty comments have been kept to a minimum.

Are people speculating about my identity already? Sheesh!

However, it's good to see that people are seeing this site as I intended. This is an outlet for me to make my feelings about the news in northeast and central PA known, without risking any reprecussions by exposing my identity. I'm not here to gossip about private lives or poke fun at anyone/anything without a good reason.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't pat yourself on the back too hard, Mr. Beale....especially after using Rude Rube as your only source in the first installment of "Where are they now?" We all know what drives Wendy's column.

11:30 AM  
Blogger Howard Beale said...

You should also know I included a link to a subsequent column where WYOU employees rebutted Rude Rube's thoughts on Jane Adonizio.

1:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The fact that you used Wendy/Rube in the first place gives me reason for concern.

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What does that mean, "we all know what drives Wendy's column"? I thought it was alcohol and desperately clinging to fading youth...no?

1:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's a good bet you're in TV or at least once were. You seem to use a lot of TV terminology --- "block," "standup." I'm also guessing you worked (or work!) for an NBC affiliate because you know the name of their affiliate service...

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home