Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Primary day

Will Frank Andrews continue his quest to Harrisburg, or will he head back to WYOU? We'll find out today, as the former news director/anchorman goes against four other Democrats in the primary for 118th district state house.

Andrews seems sincere in his intentions to run, though I haven't really heard him talk about the issues. The only issue I see on his website is a stance on the whole "Coming Soon!" issue. It's not like his opponents have said anything about the issues either.

His chances of winning seem somewhat reasonable, if only because he's a recognized name in the Scranton area. Normally, a lack of political experience is a downside, but if people like Jesse Ventura and Arnold Schwarzenegger have taught us anything, it's all about the name recognition.

But guarantees are far and few between in politics. We'll see what happens tonight.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, while driving through West Side on Sunday night giving my 84-yr-old mother a ride home, we passed quite a few of Frank's signs. My mother stated she was going to be voting for him because he seems "nice". Lots of elderly voters in Lackawanna County that actually go to the polls. Might have a very good chance. Never did see any negitive ads against him, but may have missed them.

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I can't decide if I want that "backstabbing, lying, cheat" to win so he stays out of the news business...or lose, so he we won't get a "true" lying cheat in Harrisburg to join the others there.
It makes me sick to my stomach when I watch his political ads: Frankie showing his phony, "I am an honest person, please vote for me, I won't let you down" side. He is a liar, a backstabber, and a phony, I challenge anyone to challenge me on that.

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I posted a couple weeks ago that Frank was a virtual lock to win, and have no reason to doubt that. I am surprised that no one ran anything negative against him. I suppose his opponents all felt that shots at his past would only draw sympathy votes in his favor. Mrs. Wrczyczyczyk who's been watching him on TV for decades wouldn't have been influenced, and there aren't enough savvy voters to see past the facade.

In the event he loses (Janet Evans looked real hot when I ran into her at the polls), he can wage a write-in and maybe pull enough GOP'ers to his side.

10:55 AM  
Blogger Tom Carten said...

*
From Howard:
If people like Jesse Ventura have taught us anything, it's all about the name recognition.

* * *

One advantage Jesse had, which Frank did not, was that he established a good track record as a radio commentator and talk-show host in Minnesota. People knew exactly where he stood on every issue and they liked what they heard. Frank's position in the news department did not give him that advantage.

11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For some reason this race seemed to get very little attention from the local radio talk show scene on WILK. They did bits on all the other races, but I never heard them mention Frank's name once in the past few weeks...

1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The failure of the other candidates to go negative on this guy could've handed him a win. Why no one attacked his integrity will forever be a mystery to me. There are ways to do it without getting one's fingerprints all over the mess. There has to be some exit polling out there. With about four hours left to vote, my gut still says Evans.

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home